Saturday, October 13, 2012

THE Ultimate Grand Supreme Mega Ultra... Bars


Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Reeses Brownie Bars - White Lake, MI

If there’s one thing that would be virtually impossible for me to eat during racing/weighing-in season, it would be this. And that’
s why I waited until just after Henley to make it. Since I’d be spending so much time at my Grandpa’s house while visiting home in August/September. I had decided to make this with him. I was sure he’d seen nothing like it before. This was a four piece puzzle. Pretzel base + Peanut Butter Cookie Dough + Reeses Peanut Butter Cups + Brownie Batter. I know... you lost 2 years off your like just reading that. Well, I was ready for the sacrifice.

All of my loves, thrown into one big monster. Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Pretzels. This child was dense. Four inches thick at least. The combination of pretzels, peanut butter cookie, reeses, and brownies was so amazing. It was like blending all the flavors of heaven. Mmmm...






I ran into one major speed-bump while baking. After the recommended 40-45 minutes of baking time, I pulled it out to test a nice chunk (after I let it cool a little bit of course). Woah. Definitely not done. Brownie batter came spewing out (like an elementary school science fair volcano replica) of the hole I created upon removing my test piece. More like, needs another 30 minutes for that ooey gooey brownie batter to cook. So I stuck it back in... watching it like a baby with scissors. But I kept it in for a tad too long and burnt the pretzel bottom. Big bummer. I’d recommend using a larger pan, so the whole mess doesn’t get too thick and take forever to bake. I Guess I’ll have to make it one more time to perfect it.

Either way, here is the recipe:

Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Reeses Brownie Bars

  • 2 ½ cups crushed pretzels
  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 5 tbsp sugar
  • Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix and all the ingredients the mix calls for
  • Brownie Mix (13×9 family size box + all the ingredients the mix calls for)
  • Snack Size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (2 – 10.5oz bags)
1) Crush the pretzels in a food processor or however you like to crush pretzels. Any kind of pretzels will do but I recommend using crushed butter pretzels (you find them next to the regular pretzels and they are literally called “Synder Butter Pretzels”) for the recipe. I also recommend not crushing the pretzels to dust but keep some small pieces to keep the crust crunchy. Mix the melted butter (melt in microwave), sugar and pretzel crumbs. Press into lightly greased 13×9 pan. Set aside pretzel crust and make the cookie dough. (*Note: I have a 8×8 pan in the photos because I split the recipe into two different pans. I recommend putting it all in one 13×9 pan!)

2) Make the cookie dough according to the package. Lightly press the cookie dough evenly on top of the pretzel crust.

3) Unwrap 24 snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and cover the cookie dough with the candy.

4) Whip up your brownie mix and pour evenly over the Peanut Butter Cups.

5) Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

6) Cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!




No comments :

Post a Comment